Headquarters: San Francisco, California
If you're technically inclined - programming, analytics, technical marketing - and want to stay comfortably plugged in to the software world, we would love to hear from you. At Compose, quality technical content is a major part of what we do. Our articles, how-tos, case studies and marketing materials are a crucial piece of our overall puzzle. If you'd love to spend your days growing with a fantastic, casual and close-knit team, we have an unbelievable spot for you.
Compose has grown into a vibrant work environment where folks can feel comfortable being themselves, living a balanced life. We welcome you to enjoy comfort when taking risks, collaborate with spirited peers, and to unleash your creative personality.
Technical things we hope you're good at (or can become excellent at):
- Databases: We provide databases as a service. We'd love for you to have all sorts of experience with different types of data-storage.
- Dev-y Things: It would be helpful if you can git, script, code things, and work with common software tools like Slack, Ghost, Google Analytics and Segment. The more technical know-how and experience, the better. Our stack is built with Ruby/Go and it would be excellent if you could contribute to that, too.
- Tech Talk: Distill complicated technical ideas to any audience. It's a tough thing to do!
We're excited to see what sort of character will wind up in this role... a few helpful traits include:
- Driven: We're a self-managing organization that gives you the respect, trust and responsibility to operate with minimal oversight.
- Compassionate: Compose is stuffed with many great hearts, minds, and spirits. We'd love for you to want to collaborate and grow with them.
- Inventive: You'll need buckets of creativity to help you solve a wide range of (sometimes vague) conundrums.
- Accepting: Freedom to fail! Things won't always work, but things will always iterate. This is a fun role and should feel that way.
Think you're a match?
Compose implements blind-hiring! Merit based, objectively graded work samples are the first step. We have worked hard to minimize our own biases as much as possible and find the best possible humans for the team. We respect a fancy education or a list of spectacular previous accomplishments, but nothing is more impressive than the right combination of ingredients - which you can objectively demonstrate.
At any time during the process, we are available to chat (email, video, whatever you like) to ensure you are comfortable with the process and feel that you're being treated fairly and with respect.
Good luck, and have fun!
Blind Hiring, The Compose Way
The overall interview process is reasonably simple: sample exercises are the first major step. If you do well, then we have you work a day with us (which we'll pay you for). Afterwards, the possibility of an offer. The whole process is usually done within a few weeks.
We understand that this is a big commitment for talented people. We think it's worth it, though, and we've done a lot of work to ensure our hiring process is as transparent, objective and respectful as possible - completing this work is the first step towards an enduring and productive work environment.
If you'd like to learn more about how we've built our hiring process, read more here: https://www.compose.io/articles/hiring-how-we-do-it/
To apply: Visit https://compose.interviewed.com/jobs/technical-content-creator/apply to begin the process!