BackgroundWe are building an Enterprise class Multi-Tenant SaaS Web and Mobile platform. The first MVP we're just completing has been built with JS / Bootstrap / Angular on the front-end and a DBaaS in the cloud. We are also using Storm path for enterprise grade authentication and user management.
We are now embarking on a series of additional major MVP feature sets. These additional features will possibly be built with other technologies (Rails, Ionic, PHP, etc.). We will likely pursue a MicroServices approach to our next MPV feature sets to allow us the ability to operate a polyglot stack allowing more rapid innovation and leverage of open source frameworks.
The Idea CandidateWe seek a part-time, freelance CTO / Architect with serious start-up tech stack and product "chops"... someone that knows the complete modern web/mobile development stack and cloud landscape. While we don't need you to write code, we do need you to have the skills and experience necessary to do the following:
Evaluate and design technical / architectural product build-out strategies based on the pros/cons of modern and legacy web programing stacks including:
- Ruby/Rails and all it's Variants
- Up and Comers to Rails: Elixir/Phoenix
- MicroServices and Orchestrating Run-Time Environements
- Cloud NOSql DB's - Mongo, etc.
Evaluate, Advise and Propose Tech Stack / Micro Services Architectural Strategies for building out our Product MPV RoadMap the product based on trade-off's including:
- Speed of Development
- Availability of Globally Skilled, Affordable Developers
- Scalability / Performance
- Flexibility to Pivot
- Speed of New Feature Development
- Robustness / Maturity of Frameworks / Plug-In's
Additionally, the Ideal Candidate will be skilled in doing code review to ensure our developers are following ideal coding patterns and architectural patterns including:
- Unit Test COverage
- Integrate Test Coverage
- Design Driven Design - BDD / TDD
Commitment / Scope
- We anticipate a light, part-time on-going role involving 5-20 hours a months based on development activity.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org